Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Rain
















There are times when it's raining so long and hard that you don't even bother getting out of the rain. Instead you embrace it. You allow the rain to get you wet, you enjoy it as the water seeps through all of your clothing, you become one with the environment. You can walk around like that for a long time- or until you get the shivers- with a smile on your face, not a care in the world. It's such a wonderful feeling, the feeling of being comfortable with oneself.
I just got home from learning and davening. Its been cold and rainy since last night and I'll tell you this, I refuse to give into the surrounding environment. I do not enjoy the water soaking me, the wind as it breaks into my skin feeling like hundreds of needles poking into me and you know what? I'm not feeling comfortable with myself.
I've decided that I'm not going back outside until the weather clears, or I'm driving.

4 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

I just wish all this rain was snow!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger vintage jeans said...

Just thinking about snow is warming me up. pretty weird...

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, that is weird. I just wish all the snow was beaches and sunshine. I'll also go with the hammock, but make it a guy with a harp.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger vintage jeans said...

lol! I think you know what I think about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page