Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My blog
Yesterday I gave the first reason for the startup of my blog. Namely as a means to improve my vocabulary. Now for reason number two.
#2: I have very good friends. Besides for my inner circle of friends (which are 3) there are many other friends whom I like and I feel have a great affinity (I have just given legitimacy to reason #1) towards me. The fact of the matter is every person has their own concerns, their own problems, their own headaches and usually when you describe some distress in your life, although the verbal response may be, "That's horrible," or "I feel so bad," or a "how do you manage." Inside, all they're thinking is - thank G-d it's not me. I don't blame them it's an inherent human response, one that I'm guilty of way to often.
That's with my more distant friends, but my close friends they each have they're own personal reasons why it may be difficult to share.
You have one guy who's suffering with a number of social inabilities. He has trouble telling nice things to people. He sees himself as having more of an Ebert and Robert type role with his compatriot. Meaning I have my very own personal critic to help mold my life more to his liking, but then that wouldn't be good either, because MY critic says I have to be ME. You see there really is no way to win with a person like that. When I ask him to be a bit nicer, he apologizes and offers a quick explanation, sounding something like this. "that's just who I am, I can't help it."
My second friend is a lot more understanding and sensitive to others needs. The problem with him, is that G-d has put him through so much up to this point, that I feel almost silly trying to describe my problems. It's almost like telling the homeless man that you can't deal with the stresses of life. He asks, "what's the problem?" And you say, "well my wife wants me to make a choice of either the Bahamas or the Caribbeans for Thanksgiving Holiday and I can't handle making decisions." You see, it may even be a legitimate problem, but it feels kind of silly to burden somebody who's got so much more on his plate.
So reason #2 for this blog, is to put it simply, a place where I can vent, yent and even cry if I have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page