Monday, March 06, 2006

Blog ya later


Both friends and strangers have been asking me for an update on the blog.
Friends are curious to know how things are working out with me and strangers I guess don't want to lose their voyeur buddy or whatever other reason that keeps us interested in the going ons in random people's lives.
There have been 2 reasons for lack of an update.
#1: Since I've been here I haven't been spending any time on the computer. Last night was the annual dinner for the community and I've been busy all week helping out with the preparations. I average about 20 minutes a day on the computer and that's usually divided up into 6 parts; just enough time to reply to emails and give shmais a check to make sure I don't miss any engagements I have to know about.
#2: I left NY for a number of reasons, enumerated below in previous posts and comment discussions. I came here to CA away from my closest friends and most of my family because I felt I needed to reevaluate the direction my life was taking. To spend some time in relative solitude enabling constructive introspection. And I think that by posting on my blog I would be defeating the intended idea and purpose of my trip. Instead of appreciating any breakthroughs I may have for what they are, I would instead be thinking about how to project it in my writings.
In effect losing any beauty and meaning of self-discovery.

12 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Dovid said...

Well, we miss you :(

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said. I feel like you are living the life i'm supposed to be living

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Esther said...

well i guess i fall under the category of stranger, but hope u have lots of success in figuring it all out.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Well nice of you to visit in the blogosphere :) looking forward to any update.
Best of luck on your jurney, may you find whatever it is you seek.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm happy to hear that your busy with good things out there, and happy to hear that you're still alive. We haven't heard from you in ages!! Keep up the good work, I'm sure purims gonna be busy. ttyl.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://shmais.com/image_picofday.cfm?image=left_763.jpg

Vintage- is that you?

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger vintage jeans said...

I would like to thank all of you for your kind wishes and words of encouragement.

No no that is not me; I wouldn't be caught dead with a belt that looked like that. lol

Oh and the bochor is a guy who came to visit for Shabbos, a "real sweet-heart" if your interested let me know.

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey V.J. I'll be San Diego myself in two weeks, any decent places to eat?

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scorpio, we're in the next state having lots of funn. first thing in the morning we went on a hike and boyy did we pack a great picnic filled with lots of tuna, then we had a grand game of frisbee, and now we are eavesdropping on a class in the living room and boy did we figure out the mystery of the mikvah...hope you had a great first day of work.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

hatzlacha rabba vintage. and smart move-stayin away from the computer if you think it will only pull you down. (i do miss ur writing though)

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You back?

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger vintage jeans said...

Shani, there aren't any good restaurants in San Diego. If you want a good meal go to the home of the Shluchim to University City, they'll hook you up.

Hey Gentle Spirits, sounds like a daily itinerary I can live with. I'm starting work tomorrow thank G-d, if not I would have already bought a plane ticket out of here.
Yours truly "The Gentler Spirit"

Amen Sabra, maybe with a more structured schedule I won't have to worry about it. Time will tell...

Hey Chunch, I came back on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page